Ability to Pay
What CSTS Charges...
As required by state laws, the policy of Washtenaw County Community Support and Treatment Services is to assess a person's ability to pay for services and establish a fair fee. No one will be denied services because of inability to pay fees. Services may be denied if an individual makes a clear choice not to pay once an ability to pay has been established. Michigan law requires persons to pay for public mental health services if they or their family members are able to.
- You will never have to pay more than the cost of services.
- If your finances change and you feel you cannot make payments, you can ask the office, where you applied for services, for a new determination of fees.
- You also can ask for a review of your determined fee if you do not agree with the amount you are asked to pay.
- All financial information will be held in the strictest confidence.
What you must do:
- Provide CSTS with all information needed to figure out how much you can afford to pay.
- Provide CSTS with information about any health insurance that may cover services.
- Pay the amount CSTS determines you can afford up to: your co-insurance, the cost of services, or the ability to pay, whichever is lowest.