"How to Get a Job in a Tough Economy" Workshop Series
When the market is tight and jobs aren't as plentiful, you need to be very good at using effective job search strategies to land a great opportunity. The How to Get a Job in a aTough Economy Workshop Series provides tools and techniques to implement an effective job search, explore career options, assess educational opportunities, or consider self-employment.
The How to Get a Job in a aTough Economy Workshop Series is offered weekly at the Michigan Works! Career Transition Center. The series begins with a 2.5 hour Overview which provides the opportunity for participants to learn about the steps to an effective job change or career transition and assess whether they feel they could benefit by more in-depth information on each step. Steps 1 through 6 are 1.5 hour workshops which give participants the opportunity to apply effective transition and search strategies and techniques to their own situation. Typically, the workshop series is offered every Monday through Thursday, in the afternoons.
The steps to a successful career transition include:
- Step 1: Maintaining a Positive Persepctive during a Career Transition.
- Step 2: Designing Your Future: Developing an Effective Career Transition Plan.
- Step 3: What's Hot? The Latest Research on National, Regional, and Local Employment Trends.
- Step 4: Creating a Great Resume to Get the Job You Want!
- Step 5: The Top 5 Most Effective Job Search Strategies!
- Step 6: Interviewing and Negotiating Tips to Land the Job!
To register or to obtain more information, visit or call:
The Michigan Works! Career Transition Center
301 W. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
8 AM - 7 PM Tuesday
Michigan Works! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program that is supported by the State of Michigan, 1-800-285-9675. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.