BUSINESS SERVICES IS THE LOCAL TALENT RESOURCE FOR EMPLOYERS
PURSUE + RECRUIT
MEET YOUR NEEDS BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE LOCAL SKILLED & EDUCATED WORKFORCE
The Pure Michigan Talent Connect is a web-based, state-wide job posting system to link employers to job seekers quickly and easily. Our Business Services Professionals can save you time and money by registering your business with the Talent Connect so that you can post job openings, search Job Seeker resumes, and find local talent.... at no cost to you!
THE BUSINESS SERVICES STAFF CAN ASSIST EMPLOYERS WHO WANT TO:
- WRITE JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- DESIGN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- HOST JOB FAIRS RESERVE A CLASSROOM OR COMPUTER LAB TO HOST JOB FAIRS & TRAINING
- MAKE SENSE OF LABOR MARKET INFORMATION (LMI)
- LEVERAGE STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY TO STREAM LINE THE RECRUITING PROCESS
- PRE-SCREEN APPLICANTS
GROW TALENT. GROW BUSINESS.
WORK WITH BUSINESS SERVICES TO IDENTIFY FUNDS THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU
TRAIN YOUR STAFF AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS
ON JOB TRAINING (OJT): A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF WAGES FOR NEW EMPLOYEES MAY BE COVERED DURING THE INITIAL TRAINING PERIOD
CUSTOMIZED INCUMBENT WORKER TRAINING (IWT): FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED EMPLOYERS TO UPGRADE THE SKILLS OF NEW OR EXISTING EMPLOYEES THROUGH A TRAINING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO ENHANCE EMPLOYERS ABILITY TO
(1) COMPETE IN THE MARKETPLACE
(2) INCREASE BUSINESS OUTPUTS
(3) REDUCE THE POTENTIAL FOR STAFF REDUCTIONS
The Michigan Works! Business Services team can assist your company in accessing the many local, regional, or state resources available to help grow or sustain your business. Our Business Services Professionals can link you to resources available through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Ann Arbor SPARK, the Small Business and Technology Development Center, the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce, and other local agencies. In addition, you may also:
- Reserve office or conference room space at our Career Transition Center for your next business meeting or interview.
- Enjoy the use of computers loaded with the latest Microsoft Office products, professional grade printers, and copiers.
- Participate in low-cost or no-cost workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities designed to enhance your business success.
Small Business and Entrepreneur Resources:
- The Ypsilanti Area Chamber of Commerce is located at 115 West Huron Street Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- The Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) is located at 301 West Michigan Avenue Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- We serve in industries that include ...
- Alternative Energy
- Food Services
- Information Technology
- Product Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
SAVE EMPLOYERS TIME & RESOURCES WITH CUSTOMIZED TALENT SERVICES
MAKE FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR EMPLOYERS WHO TRAIN NEW HIRES THROUGH THE On Job Training (OJT), Incumbent Worker Training and Customized Training PROGRAMS
CONNECT YOUR BUSINESS WITH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES THAT SAVE EMPLOYERS MONEY
Michigan Works! Business Services provides Human Resources support to employers of all sizes to recruit and retain high quality employees. Partnering with economic development, education, and training organizations, Business Services is the lead workforce development agency in the community. Our team of highly trained professionals helps organizations grow, expand, or sustain their business.
Michigan Works! Business Services is located at:
336 Harriet Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
For additional information on services offered through Michigan Works! Business Services, please contact one of our Business Services Representatives listed below: Fax: (734) 544-6731
Phone: (734) 714-9848
Phone: (734) 714-9877
Phone: (734) 714-9836
Michigan Works! is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Program that is supported by the State of Michigan, 1-800-285-9675. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.