THE LOCAL RESOURCE FOR TALENT SERVICES
Washtenaw County Michigan Works! Business Services provides Human Resources support to employers of all sizes to help them recruit and retain high quality employees. OFTEN AT NO COST TO THE EMPLOYER!
Business Services also provides funding to employers to train new hires through the On Job Training (OJT) program, and train employees through the Incumbent Worker Training and Customized Training programs.
Michigan Works! Business Services provides Human Resources support to employers of all sizes to recruit and retain high quality employees. Partnering with economic development, education, and training organizations, Business Services is the lead workforce development agency in the community. Our team of highly trained professionals helps organizations grow, expand, or sustain their business.
Save an average of $1,500/month or $400 every time you want to post a job opening online and reach over 1 million job seekers for FREE!
The Pure Michigan Talent Connect is a web-based, state-wide job posting system to link employers to job seekers quickly and easily. Our Business Services Professionals can save you time and money by registering your business with the Talent Connect so that you can post job openings, search Job Seeker resumes , and find local talent....all at no charge to you!
The Business Services staff can also assist you in:
- Writing job descriptions.
- Accessing information on local labor market trends, wage surveys, workplace accommodation requirements, and new hire tax credits.
- Hosting job fairs to attract qualified job seekers.
- Researching various talent pools to identify potential candidates which match your requirements for entry level to executive positions.
- Designing effective interview questions.
- Conducting telephone, video, or in-person interviews to pre-screen applicants.
- Using state-of-the-art technology tools, including the Job Fit Style Assessment and Interview Stream video system, to streamline the recruiting process and find qualified employees quickly and easily.
- Providing private offices for you to conduct in-person interviews at the Michigan Works! Career Transition Center.
Based upon an assessment of your employee training needs, Business Services can provide information on the availability of funding and the eligibility requirements for several types of funding opportunities:
- On the Job Training (OJT): A portion of the wages for a new employee during their initial training period may be provided.
- Customized Training & Incumbent Worker Training (IWT): Funds may be available to upgrade the skills of your new or existing employees through a training program designed to enhance your company's ability to compete in the marketplace, increase business success, and reduce the potential for staff reductions.
Feel free to reserve a classroom or computer lab at our Career Transition Center if you would like to conduct your own employee training at our facilities. All training space is equipped with computers and LCD projectors.
The Michigan Works! Business Services team can assist your company in accessing the many local, regional, or state resources available to help grow or sustain your business. Our Business Services Professionals can link you to resources available through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Ann Arbor SPARK, the Small Business and Technology Development Center, the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce, and other local agencies. In addition, you may also:
- Reserve office or conference room space at our Career Transition Center for your next business meeting or interview.
- Enjoy the use of computers loaded with the latest Microsoft Office products, professional grade printers, and copiers.
- Participate in low-cost or no-cost workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities designed to enhance your business success.
Small Business and Entrepreneur Resources:
- The Ypsilanti Area Chamber of Commerce is located at 115 West Huron Street Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- The Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) is located at 301 West Michigan Avenue Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- We serve in industries that include ...
- Alternative Energy
- Food Services
- Information Technology
- Product Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
Michigan Works! Business Services is located at:
336 Harriet Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
For additional information on services offered through Michigan Works! Business Services, please contact one of our Business Services Representatives listed below: Fax: (734) 544-6731
Phone: (734) 714-9848
Phone: (734) 714-9877
Phone: (734) 714-9836
Michigan Works! is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Program that is supported by the State of Michigan, 1-800-285-9675. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.