Washtenaw County Michigan Works! Business Services provides foundational Human Resources support services to employers of all sizes to recruit and retain high quality employees. Partnering with economic development, education, and training organizations Business Services is part of the lead workforce development agency in the community, Washtenaw County Michigan Works!. Our team of highly trained professionals help organizations grow, expand, or sustain business.
Washtenaw County Michigan Works! Business Services team utilizes the Pure Michigan Talent Connect. The Pure Michigan Talent Connect is a web-based, state-wide job posting system to link employers to job seekers quickly and easily. Our professionals can save you time and money by registering your business with the Talent Connect so that you (or we) can post job openings, search resumes of candidates, and find local talent... all at no cost to you!
The Business Services staff can also assist you in:
- Writing job descriptions.
- Accessing information on local labor market trends, wage surveys, workplace accommodation requirements, and new hire tax credits.
- Hosting job fairs to attract qualified job seekers.
- Researching various talent pools to identify potential candidates which match your requirements for entry level to executive positions.
- Designing effective interview questions.
- Conducting telephone, video, or in-person interviews to pre-screen applicants.
- Using state-of-the-art technology tools, including Interview Stream video system, to streamline the recruiting process and find qualified employees quickly and easily.
- Providing private offices for you to conduct in-person interviews at the Michigan Works! Service Center.
- On the job training (OJT): a portion of the wages for a new employee during their initial training period may be provided. One of our most utilized training programs.
- Internships: Provide qualified workers with opportunities to gain valuable hands-on work experience and the wages are paid by the program during the course of internship.
- Customized Training & Incumbent Worker Training (IWT): Funds may be available to upgrade the skills of your new or existing employees throug a training program designed to enhance your company's ability to compete in the marketplace, increase business success, and reduce the potential for staff reductions.
- Reserve office or conference space at our Service Center for your next business meeting or interview. All training space is equipped with computers and LCD projectors.
- Enjoy the use of computers loaded with the latest Microsoft Office products, professional grade printers and copiers.
- Participate in low-cost or no-cost workshops, seminars and networking opportunities designed to enhance your business success.
Contact one of our Business Services Specialists below for additional information: