UPDATED: Washtenaw County Winter Warming Centers
Daytime & overnight winter warming centers for Nov. 14, 2016-March 31, 2017.
Cold weather has arrived.
An emergency transportation option for homeless individuals who lack transportation to the overnight warming center is also being provided.
Temporary weather havens (provided by local human services agencies) are also available for individuals needing to escape adverse cold conditions (real or wind chill air temperature at 20 degrees or below) before continuing on their destination. Click here for a link to current temporary weather havens.
Also available is utility assistance information for Washtenaw County residents facing utility shut-off.
Dec 1- 16, 2016
- Journey of Faith Christian Church (8:30am - 4:30pm)
1900 Manchester Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (Stadium and Washtenaw)
Dec 19-31, 2016
- Trinity Lutheran Church (8:30am - 4:30pm)
1400 W Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- St. Mary's Student Parish (9:00am - 4:30pm)
331 Thompson Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- First Congregational Church (8:30am - 4:00pm)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday ONLY
608 E William Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- First Baptist Church of Ann Arbor (8:30am - 4:30pm)
Tuesday & Thursday ONLY
517 E Washington Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
March 1-31, 2017
- Lord of Light Lutheran Church and Student Chapel (8:30am - 4:00pm)
801 S Forest Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The Delonis Center (312 W Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103) offers an overnight warming center for those experiencing homelessness.
- In-person HAWC screeners will be available Monday through Friday 6:00pm-10:00pm (until January 30, 2017).
- There will be no screeners on weekends or major holidays.
- The Delonis Center is open 8:30am-5:00pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday and 8:30am-7:00pm Tuesday and Thursday.
- For questions, email Ellen at email@example.com
The Delonis Center has developed a transportation option in response to an unsheltered emergency after 5pm (Monday-Friday) and on weekends. This additional winter response is for homeless individuals who lack transportation to the overnight warming center at the Delonis Center in Ann Arbor.
First responders are to call the Delonis Center at 734-662-2829 ext. 238 to dispatch a cab to pick up and transport an individual to the overnight warming center.
During regular business hours (Monday through Friday 9am-5pm), individuals must obtain a referral from the Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC) by calling 734-961-1999 (as is the current protocol).
Utility Assistance For Washtenaw Residents
Washtenaw County residents facing utility shut-off may be eligible for financial assistance. Many non-profits providing human services are able to submit a request on your behalf. Before calling an agency, please complete an emergency assistance intake form.
Additional assistance may be available by contacting any of our partner agencies or the Washtenaw County Office of Community & Economic Development directly at (734) 544-6748.