Public Infrastructure and Facilities Improvement Projects
The Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED) has created a Project Checklist to be used by communities and contractors participating in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funded public infrastructure and facilities improvement projects in the Washtenaw Urban County. Examples of CDBG funded projects that are subject to the documents on this page include:
- Water and sewer improvements
- Road improvements
- Sidewalk replacements
- Senior citizen center improvements (in any participating area)
- Neighborhood parks and recreational facility improvements
- Removal of architectural barriers (in any participating area)
The Project Check List serves as a step-by-step guide for complying with local and federal CDBG program requirements and is divided into 4 main sections: bidding of projects, pre-construction period, contractor/sub-contractor responsibilities, and the reimbursement request process. The following items are quick links to documents referenced in the Project Check List:
Project Bidding Process
- Federal Funding Reference (to be included in advertisement)
- Required Bid and Contract Documents (to be included in the project bid packet)
- Project Wage Decision (to be included in project bid packet)
- Section 3 Plan Information Sheet (to be completed by contractor)
- Contrctor & Sub-contractor Information Sheet
- Contractor/Sub-contractor Verification
- Required Bid and Contract Documents (to be included in construction contract)
- Project Wage Decision (to be included in construction contract)
- Project Wage Rate Sheet (prior to start of construction)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Poster
- Employee Rights Under the Davis-Bacon Act Poster
- Certified Payroll
- Payroll Deduction Authorization for "Other Deductions"
- Waiver of Construction Liens
- Unconditional Waiver
- Sworn Statement
- Section 3 Summary Report
This list of quick links is not a comprehensive set of project requirements and should only be used for reference. For a complete list of project requirements, please see the Project Check List.
Other Helpful Links
- For “Making Davis-Bacon Work: A Contractors Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects”, click HERE.
- For instructions on completing the payroll form, click HERE.
- To view a copy of the Record of Employee Interview Form to be used by OCED staff when conducting employee wage interviews, click HERE.
- For more information on Section 3 Business Concerns in Washtenaw County, click HERE.
- For "CDBG Program Guides to National Objectives & Eligible Activities for Entitlement Communities", click HERE.