Weatherization and Test and Tune Program Information
The Weatherization Assistance Program provides free weatherization services to qualified Washtenaw County residents. The program is implemented through Washtenaw County in partnership with the US Department of Energy and is designed to help residents lower their utility bills. We perform a free energy audit and based on the results of that audit, we provide eligible repairs on the home free of charge. Homeowners and renters that meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to apply. See below for more information and application instructions.
FREE home improvements may include:
- Insulation in the attic, walls, and crawl-spaces
- Furnace and water heater inspections and repairs
- Caulking around drafty windows and doors
- Inspections and replacements for inefficient refrigerators
- Weather-stripping around doors and attic accesses
For more information, including eligibility requirements, please review our Weatherization FAQs.
To have a staff member contact you about the program, please fill out the Weatherization and Test and Tune Inquiry form.
To apply for Weatherization Assistance, please print the Weatherization Application Packet , complete the application and return it to our office (address below). Please call to have an application mailed to you.
- Also note, a Landlord Application Form & Tenant Form is required to be completed (by renters only) for the Weatherization Program.
Furnace Test and Tune Program
- Replacement of unsafe or inefficient furnaces (quantities are limited!)
- Furnace repairs
- Installation of water-saving faucet and shower aerators
- Installation of new energy-saving programmable thermostat
- Also note, a Landlord Application Form & Tenant Form is required to be completed (by renters only) for the Test and Tune Program.
Weatherization and Test & Tune Program
Washtenaw County OCED
415 W. Michigan Ave, Suite 2200
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Call for more information: 734-544-3008