Weatherization and Test and Tune Program Information
The Weatherization Assistance and Test and Tune Program are Free Programs offered by the US Department of Energy and DTE Energy. These programs are implemented through Washtenaw County and designed to help qualified residents lower their utility bills. We perform free energy audits and based on the audits we complete eligible repairs on the home free of charge. Homeowners and renters in Washtenaw County may be eligible for FREE weatherization services to help reduce energy bills. See below for more information and instructions on how to apply.
We provide energy saving repairs, which may include but are not limited to:
- Insulation in the attic, walls, and crawl-spaces
- Furnace and water heater inspections and repairs
- Caulking around drafty windows and doors
- Inspections and replacements for inefficient refrigerators
- Weather-stripping around doors and attic accesses
For more information, including eligibility requirements, please review our Weatherization FAQs.
To have a staff member contact you abou tthe program, please fill out the Weatherization and Test and Tune Inquiry form.
Please use the following packet to apply for weatherization or Test and Tune services:
- Weatherization Application Packet (pdf) - must print out and sign, online application is not available. (call to have an application mailed to you)
- Test and Tune Applcation Packet (pdf) - must print out and sign, online application is not available. (call to have an application mailed to you)
- Landlord Application Form & Tenant Form (both forms needed for renters only) Also Note, a landlord application is required to be completed for both the Weatherization and Test and Tune Program.
After you have completed your Weatherization or Test and Tune application, please return it and all appropriate materials to:
Washtenaw County OCED
415 W. Michigan Ave, Suite 2200
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Darnishous Ingram at 734-622-9036
or at email@example.com.