CJCC Inmate Reintegration Committee
"Reducing recidivism utilizing effective reintegration practices, ensuring collaboration among community-based support services."
I. Committee Members
- Barbara Levin Bergman - CJCC Inmate Reintegration Committee Chair*
- Delphia Simpson - Public Defender Manager
- Julie Chaffee - Director of Community Corrections*
- Rick Visel - Director Correctional Services
- Scott Patton - CJCC Staff/Facilitator
- Kevin Bulifant - Employment Training and Community Services (ETCS) Workforce Invesment
- Ruby Smith - ETCS Community Programs*
- Deb Pippins - Supervisor Project Outreach, Community Support and Treatment Services (CSTS)
- Michael Echlin - 22nd Circuit Court Probation*
- Ruth Shabazz - Shelter Association of Washtenaw County*
- Karen Korte - Corrections Lieutenant
- Gary Greenfield - Corrections Lietenant
- Kirk Filsinger - Jail Commander*
- Sheila Blakney - Senior Assistant Public Defender*
- Diane Davidson - Director of Development/Finance, Washtenaw Housing Alliance*
- Steven Hiller - Prosecutor Representative
- Penny Ryder - American Friends Service Committee*
II. Committee Charter
To view the most recent draft charter for this committee, click here.
III. 2006 Meeting Minutes
1/11 (10:00-11:30 a.m., Annex First Floor Large Conference Room)
|1/30 (2:00-3:30 p.m., Annex First Floor Large Conference Room)|
IV. 2005 Meeting Minutes
V. Inmate Reintegration Documents Consulted
Ingham County Inmate Reintegration Model (Draft) - "Best Practice" Draft Model in Discharge Planning to Prevent Homelessness developed by Ingham County's Ad Hoc Committee on Discharge Planning
Macomb County Prisoner Re-entry Program Memo- The M.A.C.O.M.B. Project is a precendent-setting and innovative collaborative re-entry program to prevent homelessness of, and to develop job opportunities for offenders being released from prison. This program promotes a smooth transition from prison to the community through a network of support for offenders and assisting them i becoming self-sufficient and ultimately prepared to live independently.
Systems Map - Process mapping of local justice system in Washtenaw County developed by Joe DeGraff (Community Corrections, Case Manager) in 2002 (subject to review and change)
Gap Analysis - Gaps in the system that prevent an inmate fully reintegrating into the community as identified by the committee.
Committee Report - Final report which outlines analysis and recommendations as submitted to the CJCC.