- Jail Overcrowding
- Mental Health Diversion Committee
- CJCC Participants
- CJCC Documents
- CJCC Reference Materials
As part of its public engagement plan, the CJCC has produced a fact sheet outlining details about the jail, district court 14A, alternative sentencing, the current system at risk, and CJCC recommended solutions. To access this document, please click here: fact sheet.
To find out more facts and the CJCC's recommendations on the Millage for Public Safety and Justice, please click here: informational mailing.
- To view the standard slide presentation made to various groups in Washtenaw County during the Public Engagement phase of the Public Safety Millage project, click on this link: Standard Presentation (Requires powerpoint, January 3, 2005).
As a result of the February 22nd outcome, County Administrator Bob Guenzel revised recommendations for dealing with the Countys pressing public safety and justice needs at Board of Commissioners Working Session on April 6, 2005.
- Moving Towards Solutions on Public Safety and Justice - eCentral update from August 2, 2005 on county efforts to address jail overcrowding
- County Administrator's Response -View the County Administrator's response to the feasibility study of the Sheriff's Proposal
Sheriff's Presentation - This is the most updated version of the Sheriff's Preliminary Presentation to the Board of Commissioners (June 2, 2005).
Update on Community Conversations - View the June 6, 2005 update on developments regarding the Jail Overcrowding Issues, which includes the Sheriff's Proposal and Presentation before the CJCC and the Board of Commissioners
Jail Overcrowding Release Report for May 24, 2005 - Press Release by Archie Brown, Chief Judge, Washtenaw County Circuit Court, given on June 3, 2005
Mental Health Diversion - Presentation to the Board of Commissioners on September 23, 2004
Diversion Agreement - Washtenaw County's Jail Diversion Agreement between the criminal justice/public safety and mental health systems in 2001
Other Participants - Listing and contact information for support staff and key county employees who have active and regular participation in CJCC discussions
Presentations to the Board of Commisioners on Washtenaw County's Adult Correctional Center, Renovation and Addition Project:
- 800 Megahertz Business Plan - Details radio communication system in Washtenaw County
- Jail Expansion Issues and Costs - Continuation of Jail Construction and Operating Costs (September 2, 2004)
- Jail Financing - Jail Expansion Costs (August 5, 2004)
- Capacity Options - CJCC Recommendations, Three Design Options (July 8, 2004)
- Jail Operations and Issues, Part II - Components: Jail Health Policy (June 3, 2004)
- Jail Operations and Issues, Part I - Jail Components: Operations and Issues (May 20, 2004)
- Policies, Systems, and Issues for Adult Criminal System - Background on Policies, Systems and Issues (April 8, 2004)
Presentation made to various groups in Washtenaw County during the Public Engagement phase of the Public Safety Millage project:
- Standard Presentation (January 3, 2005)