Substance Abuse Residential Program
Growth Works, Inc. provides residential substance abuse programming at the Washtenaw County Youth Center.
Proramming consists of:
- Three program phases: evaluation, commitment, and action.
- Three hours of substance use treatment service per day: two hours group therapy, one hour didactic, and didactic exercises on weekend.
- Integrated family component: intervention, family week, and family sessions as needed.
- Community based family group once per week.
- Assessment and relapse prevention services provided.
- Coordinate care between probation officer, therapist, doctor, etc.
- Therapeutic home passes.
- Develop an understanding of the cycle of relapse
- Identify the core issues that impacted their substance use and delinquent behaviors
- Identify how their life had become unmanageable due to substance use
- Develop a timeline of their substance use, consequences, and life events.
- Develop recovery-based behaviors
- Develop life skills