You are here: Home Government Clerk/Register of Deeds Veteran Identification Cards

Veteran Identification Cards

The Washtenaw County Clerk's Office is now issuing Veteran Identification cards.  Veterans may request a card by visiting the County Clerk's Vital Records Office at 200 N. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI 48107 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Many businesses offer Veterans a discount as a way to express gratitude for their service to our country.  However, the Veteran must be able to show proof.  Veterans are given military discharge certificates, or "DD-214" forms.  These are very large forms that do not fit in their wallet and can easily be lost.

The Veteran photo identification card is available to Washtenaw County residents only and is the same size as the driver's license or state ID card.



  1. Original Military Discharge Papers such as DD-214 - MUST show Honorable Discharge or equivalent status (unless currently on file with our office)
  2. Photo Identification (such as Michigan Driver's license or State ID card)
  3. $10.00 fee

For more information please contact the Vital Records Division at 734-222-6720.



Document Actions
Google Translate