Request for Copies of Recorded Real Estate Documents
All Documents recorded with the Register of Deeds Office are available to the public. Copies of documents are $1.00 per page. Copies of Plats (recorded subdivisions) are $2.00 per page.
Certified Documents are $5.00 each, in addition to the copy fees. Copy fees are set by Michigan statute. This statute is available for inspection upon request.
If you desire a more thorough search, you may come to the office and the staff will assist you.
Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check or money order and must accompany the request.
Visa and Master Card are accepted until 4:00pm in person only.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible-as it appears on the document you are requesting.
- Liber and Page of recorded document.
- Type of document. (deed, mortgage, easement)
- 1st party (grantor, mortgagor, dischargor)
- 2nd party (grantor, mortgagee, dischargee)
- Approximate year of recording in this office.
- If this request is for a deed, and the original sale was by Land Contract, what year was the Land Contract paid off?
- If requesting Plat copies, name of subdivision is required.
Phone: (734) 222-6710