Register of Deeds Division
James Dries, Chief Deputy Clerk/Register
***ALERT! Several commercial services offer property owners certified copies of their deeds via mail for as much as $69.50 per deed. The same document is available to property owners for as little as $2.00 from the Washtenaw County Register of Deeds Office.***
The Register of Deeds Office serves as the repository for real and personal property documents.
- Requesting Copies for Real Estate Documents
- Schedule of Fees for Recording; Filing Instruments
- Recording Requirements
- Michigan Real Estate Transfer Tax
- Press Release - Land Recording Fee Increase
- Statistics (Excel Spreadsheet)
- 2008 Plat Books Now Available
Washtenaw County Clerk/Register
200 N. Main, Suite 110
P.O. Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
Phone: (734) 222-6710
Fax: (734) 222-6819
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Recording 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.