Application Process for New Concealed Pistol License
- Obtain application from County Clerk/Register, local police department, Sheriff Department, or online.
- Complete Pistol Safety Training Course
- Submit completed application; one passport-quality photograph; certificate of completion of pistol safety training to County Clerk/Register, 200 N. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Application must be signed in the presence of a Deputy Clerk. Training must have occurred after January 1, 2001, and must state that it complies with the requirements of P.A. 372 of 1927, as amended. $105 New Application and Renewal Fee. References' addresses and phone numbers must be residential addresses.
- Take the receipt of application received from the County Clerk/Register to the Sheriff's Office at 2201 Hogback Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 to get fingerprinted. Fingerprints take approximately 30 to 90 days to be returned from State & FBI background check. The Sheriff's office provides fingerprinting service on the following, only:
Tuesday through Thursday - 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Concealed Weapon Licensing Board has 45 days to review the application after receiving fingerprint check.
- Letters are sent following Board's decision informing applicant of approval or denial. Alternately, the Board may request an applicant to appear before them at a future meeting for an interview.
- All approved permits are sent through the mail along with the approval letter.