Application Process for New Concealed Pistol License
- Obtain application from County Clerk/Register, local police department, Sheriff Department, or online.
- Complete Pistol Safety Training Course
- Submit completed application & certificate of completion of pistol safety training to County Clerk/Register, 200 N. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Application must be signed in the presence of a Deputy Clerk. Training must have occurred within 5 years of application date and must state that it complies with the requirements of P.A. 372 of 1927 as amended.
For Training Certificates issued on or after December 1, 2015, each certificate shall also contain both the following, which shall be printed on the face of the certificate or attached in a separate document: the instructors name and telephone number and the name and telephone number of the organization that has certified the individual as an instructor, his or her instruction certificate number, and the expiration date of that certificate.
- The fee is $100 at the time of application, plus a separate payment of $15 at the point of fingerprinting.
- Take the receipt of application received from the County Clerk/Register to the Sheriff's Office at 2201 Hogback Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 to get fingerprinted. The Sheriff's office provides fingerprinting service on the following, only:
Monday & Friday - 8:00 AM - Noon
Tuesday through Thursday - 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- After fingerprinting a background check is completed. A letter will then be sent informing applicant of approval or disqualification.
- All approved permits are sent through the mail along with the approval letter.
- If a permit is lost or stolen, there is a $10.00 fee for replacements.