February 15, 2012 Board Meeting Agenda
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 15, 2012
Washtenaw County Administration Building
220 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING (February 1, 2012)
IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
V. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
VII. LIAISON REPORTS:
VIII. REPORT OF THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
IX. SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS:
X. REPORT OF STANDING COMMITTEES
|Ways and Means||
February 1, 2012
|Working Session||Febraury 2, 2012|
|Agricultural Lands Preservation Advisory Committee||November 22, 2011|
|December 20, 2011|
|Drainage Board||January 19, 2012|
|Public Works Board||October 27, 2011|
|October 31, 2011|
|December 14, 2011|
|January 3, 2012||
XII. OTHER REPORTS:
1. Report on contracts in the amount of $25,000 and under from period January 1, 2012 to January 31, 2012.
XIII. REPORT OF THE TREASURER:
1.Resolution appointing two Veterans, one who has served honorably on active duty in the United States Armed Forces during the World War II era and one Veteran who has served honorably on active duty during the Korean War era to the Washtenaw County Veterans Affairs Committee for four-year terms expiring December 31, 2015.
3. Resolution appointing one member to the Washtenaw County Community Health Organization Board for a three-year term expiring December 31, 2014. (App)
XV. REPORT FROM THE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR:
A. BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS - January 4, 2012
1. Motion by Commissioner Dan Smith, seconded by Commissioner Conan Smith to amend the Board of Commissioners 2012 Rules, Article VI., by adding #3, "Commissioners may abstain from voting on resolutions that express support or opposition and otherwise take no action."
B. WAYS AND MEANS - February 1, 2012
1. Resolution directing the Board of Public Works to undertake a Lake Improvement Project for the Township of Northfield in Washtenaw County and the Township of Green Oak in Livingston County.
C. WAYS AND MEANS -
1. Resolution to return money to the Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau ahead of the 2013 date of the previous ordinance.
2. Resolution approving an agreement with the Humane Society of Huron Valley and authorizing an additional expenditure of $165,000 for the provision of animal control services through December 31, 2012.
XVII. ITEMS FOR CURRENT/FUTURE DISCUSSION:
Next Board Meeting
March 7, 2012
Board Room Administration Building