Board of Commissioners Agenda
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
December 7, 2011
Washtenaw County Administration Building
220 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING (November 16, 2011)
IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
IV. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
VI. LIAISON REPORTS:
VII. REPORT OF THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
IX. SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS:
A. Public Hearing to receive comment on the adoption of the proposed plan Ford Motor Company Rawsonville Plant Brownfield Redevelopment Plan.
X. REPORT OF STANDING COMMITTEES
|Ways and Means Committee||
November 16, 2011
|Working Session||November 17, 2011|
|Public Works Board||September 8, 2011|
|September 22, 2011|
|Social Services Board||September 27, 2011|
|Weapon Licensing Board||October 18, 2011|
XII. OTHER REPORTS:
XIII. REPORT OF THE TREASURER:
XV. REPORT FROM THE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR:
A. WAYS AND MEANS – November 16, 2011
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the Chair of the Board of Commissioners on the Emergency Management Work Agreement; ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on the Emergency Management Performance Grant Local Budget and on the State of Michigan Emergency Management Performance grant agreement with the Michigan State Police Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division for the period October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012 in the amount of $78,416; and authorizing the Administrator to sign the delegate contracts.
- Resolution ratifying the Chair of the Board’s signature on the application to the Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan (WDASOM) for the Employment Training and Community Services (ETCS) Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 JET Plan in the amount of $1,127,391 for the period of October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012 for the ETCS Department; authorizing the County Administrator to sign the notice of grant awards; approving the budget; and authorizing the Administrator to sign the delegate contracts.
- Resolution authorizing the Chair of the Board to sign the Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Food Assistance Employment and Traning (FAE&T) Program Plan application to the Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan (WDASOM) for Employment Training and Community Services (ETCS) in the amount of $92,360 for the period of October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012; authorizing the Administrator to sign the notice of grant award; approving the budget and authorizing the Administrator to sign delegate contracts.
- Resolution authorizing the hiring for the position of Director of Nursing in the Department of Public Health at a salary above midpoint.
- Resolution authorizing the application to the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth for the 2012 Remonumentation program in the amount of $105,802; appointing a County grant administrator and County Representative; authorizing the grant administrator to sign the notice of grant award; amending the budget and authorizing the Administrator to sign the delegate contracts.
- Resolution for the County Board of Commissioners to authorize the sale of bonds and pledge the County’s Full Faith & Credit to construct improvements to the WWRA Material Recovery Facility in an amount not to exceed $2.7 million.
- Resolution authorizing any Washtenaw County Collective Bargaining agreements entered into on or after September 15, 2011 to comply with Section 4 of PA152 of 2011, referred to as the 80/20 Rule.
B. WAYS AND MEANS – December 7, 2011
- Resolution authorizing the County Administrator to sign the 2010 Homeland Security grant program Interlocal Fiduciary agreement with Oakland County for the period of August 1, 2010 through April 30, 2013 in the amount of $904,800 to reimburse Washtenaw County for approved Homeland Security planning, training, equipment and personnel expenses; and authorizing the Administrator to sign the delegate contracts.
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on the application to the State of Michigan, Department of Human Services for Juvenile Accountability Block Grant program in the amount of $21,949 for the period of April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013.
- Resolution to Adopt the proposed Ford Motor Company Rawsonville Plant Brownfield Plan for Washtenaw County.
- Resolution to establish an Energy Policy Subcommittee of the Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners.
- Resolution requesting that the County Board of Commissioners pledge the County’s limited full faith and credit for payment of bonds for the Territorial Road Drain Project in an amount not to exceed two hundred thirty-five thousand ($235,000.00) dollars.
- Resolution to approve the 2011 Apportionment report.
- Resolution amending the 2012 and 2013 general fund budgets by transferring $257,076 ($128,538 in 2012 and $128,538 in 2013) from the final 2011 fund balance, which includes the funds received during 2011 for the Police Services settlement to the Outside Agency Line “CWB/HS Coordinated Funding” for FY 2012 and 2013.
B APPROVAL OF CLAIMS:
C NEW BUSINESS:
XVII. ITEMS FOR CURRENT/FUTURE DISCUSSION:
XVIII. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
XIX. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
Next Board Meeting
January 4, 2011
Board Room, Administration Building