November 2, 2011 Board Agenda
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
November 2, 2011
Washtenaw County Administration Building
220 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS (October 19, 2011)
IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
IV. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
VI. LIAISON REPORTS:
VII. REPORT OF THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
A. Resolution supporting the Economic Development Corporation of the City of Saline in their application for the Michigan Main Street Program - Associate Level.
IX. SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS:
X. REPORT OF STANDING COMMITTEES
|Ways and Means Committee||
October 19, 2011
October 20, 2011
|Concealed Weapon Licensing Board||September 20, 2011|
XII. OTHER REPORTS:
XIII. REPORT OF THE TREASURER:
XV. REPORT FROM THE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR:
A. WAYS AND MEANS – October 19, 2011:
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on the contract submission to the Michigan Department of Agriculture Clean Sweep Project in the total amount of $30,000 for the period of October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012 for the Solid Waste Department; authorizing the Administrator to sign the notice of award; amending the budget; authorizing the Administrator to sign delegate contracts.
- Resolution authorizing the grant application submission to Ingham County for the Social Justice Dialogue Project in the total amount not to exceed $40,000 for the period of November 1, 2011 through December 31, 2012 for the Public Health Department; amending the budget; authorizing the Administrator to sign delegate contracts.
- Resolution authorizing the signature of the Chair of the Board on the 2011-2012 State Child Care Fund Budget Summary Form 2091 to the State of Michigan, Department of Human Services, Bureau of Juvenile Justice for the Child Care Fund for the Trial Court, Children's Services, and the Washtenaw County Department of Human Services in the amount of $8,559,333 for the period of October 2, 2011 to September 20, 2012.
- Resolution authorizing the Board of Commissioners to ratify the County Administrator's signature on the electronic submission of the grant application to the Michigan State Housing Development Authority for the 2011-12 Emergency Solutions Grant Program in the amount of $286,509; authorize the County Administrator to sign the notice of grant award; approve the budgets; and authorizing the County Administrator to sign delegate contracts.
B. WAYS AND MEANS – November 2, 2011
- Resolution ratifying the electronic submission of the grant application to the James A. and Faith Knight Foundation in the amount of $40,000 for the period of one year after the grant agreements are signed.
C. APPROVAL OF CLAIMS:
- Resolution authorizing payment of claims commencing with the last previously approved claim and continuing through the date of October 21, 2011.
D. NEW BUSINESS:
- Resolution authorizing the creation of a Planning Task Force to Provide Leadership & Planning for Seeds for Change: Growing Prosperity in Ypsilanti - An Agri-business Job Training & Entrepreneurial Program.
XVII. ITEMS FOR CURRENT/FUTURE DISCUSSION:
XVIII. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
XIX. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
Next Board Meeting
November 16, 2011
Board Room, Administration Building