Board of Commissioners
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 21, 2011
Washtenaw County Administration Building
220 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING (September 7, 2011)
IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
IV. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
VI. LIAISON REPORTS:
VII. REPORT OF THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
IX. SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS:
|Ways and Means Committee||September 7, 2011|
|Working Session||September 8, 2011|
|Board of Road Commissioners||August 2, 2011||August 16, 2011|
|Concealed Weapon Licensing Board||July 19, 2011||August 16, 2011|
|Public Works Board||July 20, 2011|
|Social Services Board Meeting||July 26, 2011|
|Statutory Drainage Board||August 22, 2011|
XII. OTHER REPORTS:
A. Report on contracts in the amount of $25,000 and under from
XIII. period August 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011.
XIV. REPORT OF THE TREASURER:
XVI. REPORT FROM THE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR:
- A resolution appointing Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen, M.D., Ph.D. to a four year term as Medical Examiner and approving the appointment of Dr Bader Cassin, M.D. Ph.D. as Deputy Medical Examiner as authorized by Dr Jeffrey Jentzen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Resolution authorizing the County Administrator's signature on the Public Health Department Comprehensive Planning, Budget and Contracting (CPBC) agreement for the period October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012; authorizing the electronic submission by the County Health Officer; approving the Public Health Department’s 2011/2012 budget; authorizing the County Administrator to sign delegate contracts; approving fees; and approving position reclassification.
- Resolution approving the Community Support and Treatment Services Department budget for the 2011-2012 fiscal year and approving position modifications.
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the Chair of the Board on the submitted budget information summary to the Michigan Department of Energy, Labor, and Economic Growth for program year 2011 Workforce Investment Act Adult, dislocated worker and youth funding in the total amount of $2,995,151 for the period of July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
- Resolution ratifying the County Administrator’s signature on the Annual Funding agreement with the Michigan State Office of Services to the Aging, for the Foster Grandparent Program, in the amount of $10,027 for the period of October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012; authorizing the Administrator to sign the Notice of Grant Award; amending the budget; authorizing the Administrator to sign delegate contracts
- Resolution ratifying the County Administrator’s signature on the second year contract addendum with the Area Agency on Aging, 1B for Federal and State funding for the Nutrition Program for the (Congregate Meals Program and Home-Delivered Meals Program) for the period of October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012; in the amount of $850,680; authorizing the Administrator to sign the Notice of Grant Award; amending the budget; and authorizing the County Administrator to sign delegate and lease contracts.
- Resolution approving the contract with the City of Chelsea, the Township of Dexter, the Township of Lima, the Township of Lyndon, the Township of Manchester and the Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority (WWRA) for Improvements to the WWRA Material Recovery Facility.
- Resolution accepting offers for Insurance Coverage for the County for the period from October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012.
- Resolution approving an Indigent Veterans Relief millage of 1/40 of a mill to be levied in December, 2011 for use in calendar year 2012.
- Resolution approving a millage of 0.050 of a mill pursuant to Public Act 88 of 1913 (MCLA 46.161) to promote the Agricultural, Industrial and Tourist Advantages of Washtenaw County to be levied in December, 2011 for use in calendar year 2012.
- Resolution suspending Washtenaw County’s use of Construction Unity Board Agreements in bid specifications and construction and renovation contracts pending the outcome of litigation challenging the validity of P.A. 98 of 2011.
- Resolution approving amendments to the current contracts held with the Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Ypsilanti Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on an application with the Michigan Department of Human Services for Cooperative Reimbursement Funds for the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney for the period October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012 in the amount of $555,398, $188,835 in local match and $366,563 in State and Federal funds.
- Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on an application with the Michigan Department of Human Services for Cooperative Reimbursement Funds for the Friend of the Court for the period October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012 in the amount of $5,956,092; $2,025,071 in local match and $3,931,021 in State and Federal Funds.
- Resolution authorizing payment of claims commencing with the last previously approved claim and continuing through the date of September 9, 2011
D. NEW BUSINESS:
- Resolution setting a public hearing for the proposed 2012/2013 budget for Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 6:45pm in the Board Room, County Administration Building, in compliance with section 2 of Act 43, P.A. 1963, 2nd EX. Session (M.C.L.A. 141.412). Section 24E of Act 26, P.A. 1893 (M.C.L.A. 211.24E), and directing the County Clerk/Register to cause to be published a notice of said meeting
- Resolution in Support of a Regional Transportation Authority for Southeast Michigan
XVII. ITEMS FOR CURRENT/FUTURE DISCUSSION:
XVIII. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
XIX. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION:
Next Board Meeting
October 5, 2011
Board Room, Administration Building