BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
August 4, 2004
Administration Building - Board Room
220 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING (July 7, 2004)
IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
V. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
VII. REPORT OF THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
A. Resolution of appreciation to Reverend Roberson for his 50 years of service to the citizens of Washtenaw County
VIII. SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS:
IX. MINUTES OF STANDING COMMITTEES
Ways & Means Committee July 7, 2004
Working Session July 8, 2004
BOC Agenda June 30, 2004
X. MINUTES OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES
BOC - Leadership Meeting June 30, July 8 & 21, 2004
Board of Public Works May 19, June 7 & 16, 2004
Board of Road Commissioners June 15 & 29, 2004
Building Authority May 4, 2004
Community Corrections Advisory Board May 11 & June 22, 2004
Concealed Weapons Licensing Board June 15, 2004
Historic District Commission June 3, 2004
Jury Board May 25, 2004
Parks and Recreation Commission May 11 & June 1, 2004
Statutory Drainage Board June 18, 2004
Washtenaw Area Transportation Study June 2, 2004
Workforce Development Board May 6, 2004
XI. OTHER REPORTS
A. Annual accounting for the Washtenaw County 9-1-1 Service District
XII. REPORT OF THE TREASURER
XIII. REPORT FROM THE COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
A. WAYS & MEANS COMMITTEE - August 4, 2004:
1. Resolution creating a 1.0 FTE Community Development Directory position , grade 34, group 32, for an annual salary range of $63,674-$101,168, to oversee new joint County/City of Ann Arbor Community Development collaboration
2. Resolution ratifying the Chair of the Board's signature on the Program Year (PY) 2004 Statewide Activities for High Concentrations of Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Eligible Youth) Plan in the total amount of $32,163 for the period of July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005 for the Employment Training and Community Services Group; Authorizing the County Administrator to sign Notice of Grant Awards; Amending the Budget and Authorizing the Administrator to sign delegate contracts
3. Resolution to approve a recoverable grant between Washtenaw County and the WCHO in the amount of $350,000 from the Housing Contingency Fund. The WCHO will reimburse the County $385,000 ($350,000 + $35,000 Administrative Fee) in 84 payments of $4,583.00.
4. Resolution to approve the creation of 3.0 FTE WCHO Administrator positions .
5. Resolution ratifying the signature of the Chair of the Board on the 2004-2005 Medical Support enforcement application to the Office of Child Support Michigan Family Independence Agency for the Friend of the Court in the Amount of $109,249 for the period of October 1, 2004 through September 30, 2005.
6. Resolution ratifying the signature of the Chair of the Board on the 2004-2005 Title IV-D Cooperative Reimbursement Application with the Michigan Family Independence Agency for the Friend of the Court in an amount not to exceed $3,624,424 for the period of October 1, 2004 through September 30, 2005.
7. Resolution ratifying the signature of the Chair of the Board on an application for a contract with the Michigan Family Independence Agency for Cooperative Reimbursement funds for the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney for the period October 1, 2004 through September 30, 2005 in the amount of $758,613; $233,567 in local match and $525,046 in state and federal funds
8. Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on a contract with the Michigan Crime Victim Services Commission for the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney for the period October 1, 2004 through September 30, 2005 in the amount of $157,500
9. Resolution ratifying the signatures of the Chair of the Board and County Administrator on the Michigan 2004 Homeland Security Grant Program Application with the Michigan State Police Emergency Management Division, for the period August 1, 2004 to September 30, 2005, in the amount of $1,105,194 to reimburse Washtenaw County for approved Weapons of Mass Destruction planning, training, equipment, technology and exercise expenses; Authorizing the Administrator to sign the Notice of Grant Award; Amending the budget; and Authorizing the Administrator to sign the delegate contracts
10. Resolution requesting the Board of Commissioners to allocate revenues generated by the Washtenaw County judges for sanctions to the Legal Resource Center ; Requesting that the Board of Commissioners affirm the decision to use County Space for the Legal Resource Center, the Bar Association, and the Dispute Resolution Center.
11. Resolution ratifying the signature of the County Administrator on the lease with the Center for Occupational and Personalized Education, inc. ("COPE") in the amount of $42,000 for the period of August 21, 2004 through August 20, 2005
12. Resolution amending Washtenaw County's Procurement Policy and Boilerplate contract language to add provisions prohibiting, under certain circumstances, the use of contract vendors who use offshore resources to provide services to the County pursuant to a services or professional services contract
13. Resolution approving the sales agreement between Washtenaw County and BH-543 N Main, LLC, for the sale of County-owned property at 543 N. Main Street in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Authorizing the County Administrator to sign any legal documents necessary to complete the sale
14. Resolution authorizing payment of claims commencing with the last previously approved claim and continuing through the date of July 23, 2004
C. NEW BUSINESS:
15. Resolution accepting comments from the Planning Advisory Board on the Augusta Township Master Plan Update and direct the County Clerk to send comments to Augusta Township and the contiguous local units of government.
16. Resolution setting a public hearing on September 1, 2004 at 6:45 PM in the Board Room, Administration Building 220 North Main Street, Ann Arbor to receive comment on the adoption of the proposed " A Comprehensive Plan for Washtenaw County ."
17. Resolution setting a public hearing on September 1, 2004 at 6:45 P.M. in the Board Room, 220 North Main Street, Ann Arbor to receive comment on the adoption of the proposed "Washtenaw County Hazard Mitigation Plan."
XV. LIAISONS REPORTS
XVI. ITEMS FOR CURRENT/FUTURE DISCUSSION
XVII. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
XVIII. COMMISSIONER FOLLOW-UP TO CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
August 19, 2004
220 North Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI
Next Agenda Meeting
August 11, 2004
220 North Main Street
For additional information, call (734) 222-6731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org