Vision & Guiding Principles
Washtenaw County Vision:
Washtenaw County will be a world class service provider. To do this we must be a leader in:
- Developing innovative prevention approaches to dealing with governmental responsibilities
- Facilitating cooperation and collaboration aimed at enhancing services
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of mandated services
The foundation of this vision is:
- Sound fiscal management so we can rise above a "crisis" mode and have long-term stability
- An inspired and involved workforce equipped with the skills, knowledge and resources to provide world class service
County Guiding Principles:
- Ensure long term fiscal stability for the County.
- Reduce the cost of conducting the County's business.
- Enhance customer service.
- Provide the necessary knowledge, skills and resources to County employees to carry out these principles.
- Ensure adequate provision of mandated services.
- Focus on the root causes of problems that affect the quality of life of County citizens by aggressively pursuing prevention strategies
- Provide leadership on intragovernmental, intergovernmental and intersectoral cooperation and collaboration aimed at improving services to County citizens.